GPS receiver VDO - speed transmitter for operating electronic speedometers
This GPS receiver is installed in the vehicle and should have "line of sight" to the sky. This receiver calculates a speed signal for the VDO or another electronic speedometer from several satellite signals. This gives you a very accurate speed signal without any further connection.
You no longer need a speedometer cable, the speed is measured using this GPS module and the navigation satellite.
VDO GPS module - sensor for VDO speedometer
GPS Impulse Converter A2C59519787
Protection class: IP65
Operating voltage : 8-32V DC
Signal: speed meter impulses
Instructions: in English
Dimensions: LxWxH 77x35x15mm
In terms of transmission speed, the new VDO GPS Speed ??Transmitter is in a class of its own, delivering up to 25 times the speed resolution of other GPS Speed ??Transmitters. Unlike the competition, which outputs an average of 8,000 to 16,000 pulses per mile and receives a pulse every eight (8) inches, the VDO GPS Speed ??Transmitter outputs 200,000 pulses per mile and provides a pulse every 1/3 inch. In addition, the VDO transmitter receives signals from up to eight (8) satellites.
The small size of the VDO GPS transmitter allows for a variety of easy mounting options, including on the back of the speedometer. The single housing design eliminates the need for external antennas. The transmitter also features an LED activity status indicator and a signal loss protection circuit that will continue to transmit the last known speed until the GPS signal is restored.
Installation is quick and easy.
The VDO GPS Speed ????Sender is ready to use and only needs to be connected to power and ground. It requires no transmission cables or calibration, and no buttons or switches to activate. VDO electronic speedometers that have been pre-configured to communicate with the GPS unit are now available in a choice of speedometer/GPS kits, eliminating the time and labor normally required to program the speedometer.
- Green, orange, red status LED
- 2 m shielded cable
- Compatible with all current and previous VDO electronic speedometers as well as some speedometers from other manufacturers
- Low power consumption, less than 10 mA (at 12 volts)
- Possibility of connecting 200,000 pulses or 16,000 pulses for the tachometers of other manufacturers
- Operating temperature -30°C to +85°C
- Protection class IP 67 (waterproof)
- Output signal 0-10V square wave at 200,000 counts per mile (compared to 8,000 or 16,000 counts per mile for other GPS transmitters)